1. Can anyone request for psychosocial support from Safe Sport Support Network?
No. This service is only available to person(s) affected by Safe Sport incidents.
2. Is this a confidential service?
Yes, what you say to your counsellor and/or befriender is confidential. The counsellors and befrienders are bind by Non-Disclosure Agreement regarding confidentiality. Information you provided will not be shared with a third party with the exceptional of safety, self-harm issues or if required by law.
3. What is the cost and duration for each counselling session?
The cost for each counselling session costs between $20 to $40. Each session takes approximately 45 minutes.
4. What is Befriending service and is there any cost to it?
Our Befrienders provides basic psychosocial support, companionship and support, i.e., attending meetings or proceedings with the individuals. This service is provided to you at no cost.
5. Do I have to go to any Polyclinic or GPs to obtain a referral for clinical psychologist or psychiatrist?
No. You do not have to. Our counsellors will assess and initiate a referral to a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist, if necessary.
6. Where will the counselling session be conducted?
The counselling sessions will be conducted either face-to-face or via online Zoom meeting. Face-to-face counselling session may be conducted at public places (e.g. Starbucks, McDonald’s) or ActiveSG facilities.