What is a safeguarding policy?
A safeguarding policy is a best practice framework for your organisation to:
- guide and set expectations for interactions of between all participants
- provide clarity on responsibilities for persons in authority or in positions of trust
- set procedures for reporting and responding to incidents
Why is a safeguarding policy important for your organisation?
Having a safeguarding policy reflects on an organisation’s commitment to:
- protecting the core values of sport
- good governance
Benefits to having a safeguarding policy
- fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment that meets people’s needs
- managing and controlling risks
- having robust and reliable systems, processes, and policies in place.
- improving your efficiency, giving you more time to focus on core activities having open and transparent reporting and decision-making processes
- building the confidence of participants, sponsors, employees and stakeholders