Assessing and Managing Risks
What is Risk Assessment and Management?
In the context of Safe Sport, risk refers to the likelihood of a Misconduct occurring in the sporting community.
Risk assessment involves:
- Identifying risk factors that can lead to a Misconduct
- Evaluating the likelihood and impact of these risk factors
Risk management involves:
- Implementing strategies to minimise and/or eliminate the likelihood that a Misconduct occurs
Why is Risk Assessment and Management important for your organisation?
- builds the confidence of participants, sponsors, employees and stakeholders
- reduces the potential for liability by the organisation